Obituaries and Memorials
LifeShare supports efforts to provide families with options that reaffirm that even in death their loved one continued to make a difference in the lives of others. Donor families may wish to honor the memory of their loved one by indicating in the obituary or funeral program that the individual was a donor.
Here are some sample phrases that may be used in writing obituaries:
- John gave in death, as he gave in life. John was an organ and/or tissue donor.
- Jean was an organ and/or tissue donor.
- John’s final act was to give the gift of life through organ and/or tissue donation.
- In keeping with John’s loving and generous spirit, it was his decision to donate life so that others may live.
- Jean gave the gift of life through organ and tissue donation.
If you would like in lieu of flowers to have donations made in honor of a donor, please ask that checks be mailed to our organization at:
LifeShare Of The Carolinas
5000 D Airport Center Parkway
Charlotte, NC 28208
Thank you notes will be sent to each person/individual who contributes. A letter is also sent to the donor’s family listing each contributor.